How to Apply
Applicants currently in their final year of secondary school that are planning to start university in August (Fall semester), must apply and submit all required materials by our application deadline of March 1st.
Submit to the Office of Admission
Your application is not complete until the following items have been submitted to the Office of Admission:
- On-line Application Form: The application cycle is now closed for Fall 2014. The university approves a small number of late application submissions, on a case-by-case basis. To request approval to submit a late application, complete this form.
- Personal Essay: This is part of the online application form. The essay questions and instructions are provided in the online application.
Official and complete academic transcripts from all secondary schools attended including all courses taken and all grades received for grades 10, 11, and 12. Transfer students must also submit their university transcripts.
If admitted, students will also be required to submit a final transcript upon completion of high school.
Official SAT or ACT results: All applicants, whether transfer or freshmen, must submit official SAT or ACT results. Applicants who fail to submit official test results will not be considered for admission.
- Click here to register for the SAT: Use code 4246 for official SAT score reports to be sent to Carnegie Mellon Qatar.
- Click here to register for the ACT: Use code 5269 for official ACT score reports to be sent to Carnegie Mellon Qatar. Qatar residents can also register for the Residual ACT exams in Education City by coming in person to the Office of Admission. Bring your Qatar ID or passport and QAR 300 in cash to register.
- SAT Subject Test results are also recommended, but not required, for all applicants. For more information, please see our SAT Subject Tests page.
Official TOEFL or IELTS results:
- Click here to register for the TOEFL: Use code 4246 for TOEFL score reports to be sent to Carnegie Mellon.
- Click here for more information about the IELTS: You can also register directly with the British Council office in your country. In Qatar, the British Council office in Doha can be reached at 4425 1888.
- For information regarding our waiver policy, please see the TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy page.
- One letter of recommendation from a college counselor, principal, or academic advisor. Download the counselor recommendation form here.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor. Download the teacher recommendation form here.
- Application Fee: non-refundable 250 QAR ($70 USD) is paid online through credit card upon completion of the online application, or in cash (QAR) by visiting campus.
- Interviews are strongly recommended, but not required, for all applicants. To learn more about our interview process, please access our Interview page.
How can I get admitted to Carnegie Mellon?