How to Apply
Applicants who are currently in their final year of secondary school and planning to start university in August (Fall semester), must apply and submit all required materials by our application deadline of March 1st.
Submit to the Office of Admission by March 1
Your application is not complete until the following items have been submitted to the Office of Admission:
- On-line Application Form: The application deadline has passed for Fall 2015 admission and the university is no longer accepting applications. The application cycle will re-open in September for August 2016 entry.
- Personal Essay: This is part of the online application form. The essay questions and instructions are provided in the online application.
- Official and Complete Academic Transcripts- Transcripts from all secondary schools attended including all courses taken for grades 10, 11, and 12 as well as any official standardized test results (i.e. British IGCSE's, AS, and A-Levels, Indian Standard X and Standard XII board exam results and so on) and predicted grades if available. Transfer applicants should also include official transcripts from their current university.
Official SAT or ACT results: All applicants, whether transfer or freshmen, must submit official SAT or ACT results. Applicants who fail to submit official test results will not be considered for admission.
- Click here to register for the SAT: Use code 4246 for official SAT score reports to be sent to Carnegie Mellon Qatar.
- Click here to register for the ACT: Use code 5269 for official ACT score reports to be sent to Carnegie Mellon Qatar. Qatar residents can also register for the Residual ACT exams in Education City by coming in person to the Office of Admission. Bring your Qatar ID or passport and QAR 300 in cash to register.
- SAT Subject Test results are also recommended, but not required, for all applicants. For more information, please see our SAT Subject Tests page.
Official TOEFL or IELTS results:
- Click here to register for the TOEFL: Use code 4246 for TOEFL score reports to be sent to Carnegie Mellon.
- Click here for more information about the IELTS: You can also register directly with the British Council office in your country. In Qatar, the British Council office in Doha can be reached at 4425 1888.
- For information regarding our waiver policy, please see the TOEFL/IELTS Waiver Policy page.
- One letter of recommendation from a college counselor, principal, or academic advisor. Download the counselor recommendation form here.
- One letter of recommendation from a teacher or professor. Download the teacher recommendation form here.
- Application Fee: non-refundable 250 QAR ($70 USD) is paid online through credit card upon completion of the online application, or in cash (QAR) by visiting campus.
- Interviews are strongly recommended, but not required, for all applicants. To learn more about our interview process, please access our Interview page.
How can I get admitted to Carnegie Mellon?